Upfront magazine had an article called "No More Payphones?" It talks about how the red "telephone boxes" may be taken down in England. This is due to the little use of these telephone booths. "With the rise of cellphones, calls from public payphones in the U.K. have plummeted 80% in the past 5 years." Since these telephone boxes aren't being used, they are getting recycled into little libraries, ATM's, or art galleries. Some Londoners believe the telephone boxes shouldn't be taken out. "It would definitely a big loss. Like losing the Empire State Building from New York."
I feel that London shouldn't get rid of it's telephone boxes. They are like monumental treasures from London's past. They have been used in movies like "101 Dalmations." I think they shouldn't recycle these telephone boxes into things like ATM's or libraries. I think they should be turned into photo booths where you can take "cellphies". That way the booths will be used more and they could stay.
I liked that you included examples other than articles to prove your point.
ReplyDelete